Music live and online

I've just had a fantastic week beginning with Mayer Hawthorne last Thursday night at the Powerstation, followed by Bon Iver on Monday at the Wellington Town Hall, amidst days of amazing food & coffee in the capital. All things I highly recommend.

Mayer Hawthorne: thanks to Stuff.co.nz

Bon Iver: thanks to Einstein Music Journal

Good to be back in muggy old Auckland though. Wish I was going to Roots Manuva tonight. Here's one of my favourite music videos:

But if you're saving your coins and you have an Auckland University Student ID card, you can check out The Naked & Famous, Ruby Frost & Artisan Guns, tonight for free!

On another note, here are two online music resources I have been using a lot lately:

http://grooveshark.com: Grooveshark is the world's largest on-demand music streaming and discovery service. Over 30 million users flock to Grooveshark to listen to their favorite music, create playlists, discover new tunes, and share it all with friends via Facebook, Twitter, social news sites, and more.

Give it a go - if you're looking for a song, I have found it a lot more efficient than Youtube.

And of course: Freegal Music. A brilliantly simple new eresource from Auckland Libraries, giving you access to New Zealand's Sony Music Digital Catalogue, where you can download 3 mp3s a week for free, for keeps.

I recently discovered Dimmer's first album I Believe You Are A Star is out of print: you cannot get it anywhere on disc, but it is all available for free on Freegal. See what other discoveries you make, and let me know!

This entry was posted on Thursday, March 1 and is filed under ,,,,,,,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply