SEE: LANEWAY FESTIVAL 2017


This year Laneway Festival will be held in Albert Park in Auckland (right next to us folks at the Central Library!). It'll be a nice change from the ultra damaging heat at Silo Park...lots of tree's and grass...Yay!! And if I was going this year (cough, cough) then this is who I would be heading to see...


YOUNG THUG

Young Thug is a massively prolific american rapper who hails from Atlanta, Georgia (so much good hip-hop coming out of Atlanta at the moment, and pretty much always...lol). I've always enjoyed the way that he uses his voice with the music. Sometimes he shouts, or slurs, or he breaks up every annunciation so he creates this hectic beat with his syllables , that everything turns into metaphysical poetry with a mass amount of slang...haha...RAD. This was one of the first songs I ever heard of his and i've never gotten over it, even though he has released like 3 mixtapes since this 2015 release which this song featured on.





THE CHILLS

I don't think I need to write up an introduction for The Chills...I'll just say, they are rad and Martin Phillip's songs are the business...I wouldn't miss it...this is my all time fav...





TAME IMPALA


Australian band Tame Impala have been around awhile now, and are one band I'm dying to see live...like right up the front kind of live...especially cause their sound is so well developed that I'd like to see them work their amps and pedal's live....this song was released about a year ago, and I've never quite gotten over this video...hypnotized/very amused...




WHITE LUNG


At some point at any festival I like to go nuts and let loose, and this is by far the best band to "go nuts" to..haha. White Lung are a Canadian punk rock band from Vancouver. They've been around since 2006 and came from a whole 'Nu Sensae' and 'Mac DeMarco' group of musicians...



KING GIZZARD & THE LIZARD WIZARD


This is my wild card pick. I didn't know anything about this band and had only been told about them recently (by numerous amounts of people). I've been listening to a few of their songs online and they are buzzy AF...King Gizzard are a Melbourne psychedelic band...there's an impressive list of instruments that they use in their albums including a theremin, sitar and ZURNA (a wind instrument). This is one of their live performances that I found online...lookin pretty good...


This entry was posted on Wednesday, January 11 and is filed under ,,,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply